1. Sudhir Kumar a senior official from India has resigned from his role of Representative of the UN Secretary General
2. ICICI Lombard ad BharatPe has tied up to roll out Covid-19 protection insurance cover for shopkeepers
3. Ministry of Tourism has launched a portal to help stranded foreign tourists who are stuck in different parts of India
Portal address is www.strandedinindia.com
This consists of all the Covid-19 helpline numbers wherein foreign nationals can call and seek help.
4. Indian Railways is ready to modify 20,000 coaches which can accommodate more than 3 lakh beds for isolation needs.
16 beds is expected to be in one coach.
Five zonal Railways divisions have prepared the prototype for the same.
5. Government of India has decided to accept foreign contributions to the newly announced PM Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations (CARES) Fund.
UPA government under prime ministership of Manmohan Singh had earlier stopped accepting foreign contributions
6. Wimbledon event which was supposed to be started from June 29th, 2020 has been cancelled due to Covid-19
Novak Djokovic and Simona Halep are set to defend their singles titles.
#2nd April Current Affairs news #Current Affairs
7. World Autism Awareness day is celebrated on 2nd April every year
Autism Spectrum Disorder is characterised with issues faced by people with social skills, repetitive behaviour.